Put down the gadgets and start to create. I don’t work on Fridays but I need to be creative or I feel the day has been wasted. Whilst scrolling through Pinterest I saw lots of recipes for homemade lip gloss. I’m always buying the ingredients but I never found the time to make it.This Friday was different I had my beautiful assistant my daughter to motivate me. We gathered the ingredients, petroleum jelly, coconut oil, peppermint oil and lipstick.Ingredients
- Coconut Oil
- Petroleum Jelly
- Peppermint Oil
- Pink or Red lipstick
- Glass/plastic container with a lid
- Melt the Coconut Oil in the microwave for 30seconds.
- Add the Petroleum Jelly stir the ingredients together until both are liquid ready to pour.
- Add pure essential oil – I chose Peppermint Oil.
- Add the lipstick to add colour and stir vigorously to make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the lip balm into glass container with a lid.
- Place in the fridge for half an hour and voila you have home made lip gloss.
Lip Gloss Second AttemptIngredients1 tbsp Coconut Oil1 tbsp Shea Butter1/2 tbsp Beeswax Granules10 drops vitamin E oilLipstick for colourStrawberry jelly crystals (for scent)Method
- Melt Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and Beeswax until they become a clear liquid.
- Add Vitamin E to melted oils.
- Add lipstick for colour stir until melted in the oil. Reheat to get rid of lumps.
- Add jelly crystals.
- Pour into metal containers
- Cool in fridge or freezer the mixture should be solid.
- Place the lids on the containers.
Great gifts for friends and family.